Hamptons Real Estate Online

GRAND CAPTAIN'S HOUSE
Nathan P. Howell House This well recognized architectural masterpiece on Sag Harbor's Main Street is one of several "Captain's Houses" here and dates back to 1833. The Howells were powerful ship owners who sent the first Sag Harbor ship to the Pacific for whales. A combination of two styles, Georgian and Italianate, the house was expanded in 1850 and offers 10,000 +/- square feet of living space on four levels. Completely renovated for year-round use, the house features a central-hallway, spacious, light-filled versatile rooms, nine fireplaces, two staircases, an elevator and a cupola. The lower level is a large brick studio with full bath, gym, wine cellar, kitchenette and laundry. Situated on 1.1 +/- private acres with elaborate landscaped grounds, beautiful gardens, a heated swimming pool and a four-bay, climate-controlled garage with art studio. An important estate with atmosphere and charisma, the history and artistic detail are without equal.
Sag Harbor
$18,750,000
beds: 7
baths: 8.5
est. 10,000 sq. ft.
1.10 acres
traditional
CAC
heat: gas
heated pool
tennis: no
IN # 10049