FIVE ACRES SURROUNDED BY RESERVE
Cherished for 6 decades by one family, this is the first residence ever constructed on Stony Hill, a sprawling main house and guest cottage sited on 5 magnificent acres at the highest elevation in the area. This hilltop treasure is surrounded by scenic woodlands once scored with logging trails and acres of rolling landscape now held in reserve on three sides of the property. In 1939, plans were conceived and construction began utilizing materials native to the area. The cedar clad exterior, pine wall and ceiling panels, striking beamed ceilings and stone accents were crafted from the abundance of natural resources at hand. The cornerstone of the living room is a massive stone fireplace in a descending waterfall pattern hand hewn from rock formations transported one by one from Ditch Plains in the family's beloved 1936 Chrysler Airflow. A massive sun porch still features the original inlaid stone flooring and three sides of floor-to-ceiling screening, a favorite gathering spot for the incredible views. A rock garden and hand-laid perimeter stone walls accent the exterior, entrance pathway and two drives approaching the property. A spectacular 100 year old Rhododendron still blooms at the front entrance. The main house offers XX bedrooms and xx baths each retaining the original beautifully crafted oversized mullioned windows. Additional quarters are located in the xxxx sq. ft. private guest cottage with new cedar deck. Both structures feature attached garages. Three generations of the original owners have enjoyed this magnificent setting and share in its storied history. During WWII, the family welcomed military personnel using a nearby fire tower as a lookout for enemy submarines in the bay. The legacy of this home and its many colorful stories will always remain with this remarkable one-of-a-kind historic property.